JOBS intends to award grants to assist small businesses under 20 employees
) impacted by COVID-19 to
recover and/or expand sales and operations and re-hire,
sustain, or add
employees. Grant funds will help to cover working capital
needs, e.g. raw
materials, equipment, rental of facilities,
services/utilities required to run
the business, etc.
funds may not be used
activities that may be
harmful to the environment, or for the following items -
construction or infrastructure
purchases made prior to the grant, prior debts, or
restricted or prohibited
Small grants will range in value from TND 14,000 to 28,000. JOBS anticipates awarding approximately 100-200 grants (up to TND 2,807,400) until funds are no longer available. JOBS will determine the amount of the award following evaluation of the selected applications. The amount of the award will be aligned to the description of the funding request, the estimated budget, and the expected results from the grant.
70% of the award will be disbursed at the time of signing the grant agreement with the submission of a grant implementation plan (based on a template provided by JOBS). The grant implementation plan, combined with the grant application, will serve as a detailed business plan to promote post-COVID-19 recovery. The remaining 30% of the award will be disbursed following the submission of a final report including photos and supporting documentation detailing the results of the grant.
The maximum duration of a grant activity is four months.
selected for a grant, applicants must meet all of
Is a Tunisian business, registered for at least one year from application date, with less than 20 employees
Is in compliance with Tunisian civil and fiscal regulations and is free from excessive debt (the debt to asset ratio is less than 50%)
Has not received a grant from an international donor in the past six months
Is not a current JOBS partner or is not in discussions with JOBS about a partnership
COVID-19 has negatively impacted the financial situation of the business through at least a 25% decrease in sales or loss of at least 25% of employees
The proposed grant will result in increased sales and/or jobs recovered, sustained, or increased
Demonstrate potential for social impact, such as businesses in underserved and interior regions of Tunisia, women-owned businesses, and businesses employing women, youth (ages 18-25), or persons with disabilities
Produce essential goods and services to combat the COVID-19 pandemic
Please keep in mind the following information when submitting your application:
- Interested businesses may only submit one application. The person who submits the application should be an authorized representative of the company
- Applications must be submitted in English or French
- Applications must be submitted prior to the deadline of September 30, 2020
- Questions may be submitted by clicking the button at the top of this page. JOBS will post answers to all questions received at this site on a weekly basis. Phone calls, and/or emails regarding the applications will not be answered
- An email address is required to create a username and password for the online application. We will use this email address to notify applications of the result of the application
- Please note that while evaluating the application, JOBS may conduct a site visit to the business to verify information submitted in the application
- Following application review, applicants will be advised in writing if the application has been accepted for a grant or if a decision has been reached not to fund the application
- To view the information required in the application, you can download a PDF version of the application by clicking the button at the top of this page. Please note that JOBS will only accept online applications
- There are several sections within the application form – 11 total. Please note that for each section, once you submit it, you will not be able to go back and modify information in this section. Each section that has been submitted will be saved until the application is complete. You may log out and return to the application as many times as needed to complete all the sections, prior to the due date of September 30, 2020
- Please prepare the following types of information which will be entered into the application:
o Ownership and financial information about the business and GPS coordinates
o Statement about how COVID-19 has impacted the business specifically in regard to sales, employees, production, availability of raw materials, or other factors (up to 300 words)
o Description of funding request – What is the problem or opportunity and how will the grant funding allow the business to address this? (up to 500 words)
o Result of funding – what will be the expected impact of the grant on the business (sales, number of employees), on the ability of the business to access additional means of financing, on the sector, and/or on social issues.
o Estimated budget – What items will be financed through the grant and what are the anticipated costs? A budget template is provided in the application.
o Three professional references including current or former clients, chamber of commerce, and/or local officials.
o Prior experience with international donors
- Supporting documentation required to be attached to your application:
o Latest financial statements (2019)
o Tax declarations: Annual income tax declaration (2019), 3 most recent monthly tax declarations for 2020 (May, June, July)
o Social security declarations for employees: First two quarters of 2020 (January-June)
o Environmental compliance: Signed document on compliance with standard specifications for environmental management by the National Agency of Environmental Protection (ANPE/Agence Nationale de Protection de L'Environnement) if required by the business’ commercial activity